Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition and fees account for approximately 90 percent of the funds needed to operate the school. The balance is provided by parents, alumni, and friends contributing to the Puma Fund, by proceeds of the annual Parent Council Auction, and by distributions from the endowment. The following tuition and fees are for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Tuition does not include lunch, textbooks, required technology, transportation, personal athletic equipment, or various charges connected with off-campus events.
- A signed enrollment contract along with a $3200 non-refundable tuition deposit is required when a student enrolls for the year. The deposit is applied to the total annual tuition.
- Tuition listed above includes an activity fee of $850.
- Annual tuition for our full-time Learning Pathways program is $11,700. This two-year program serves students diagnosed with specific language disabilities. Approximately 3% of our students are enrolled in this program.
University Prep offers need-based financial aid to families who qualify. You may begin to apply for financial aid in December. UPrep’s FA deadline is Thursday, February 8, 2018.
UPrep uses Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) to process financial aid applications. FAST is a web-based financial aid management system. Based on the financial information you provide, FAST provides UPrep an estimated amount your family can contribute to educational expenses. This helps UPrep make fair and objective financial aid decisions. To begin your financial aid application for the 2018-2019 school year, please follow the steps below. Please note, if you are a current family applying for financial aid for the first time, please contact Michele Hayes, Associate Director of Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Financial Aid Process:
- Begin your FAST Financial Aid Application.
- Click on the “Start Application” button. If you are divorced or separated, please read special instructions first.
- You will create an account using your email address and a password. Once you’ve created an account, you may log in and out of your application as needed.
- Complete and submit your FAST application and nonrefundable $43 fee.
- Gather these required documents:
- 2017 completed 1040, including all schedules
- 2017 W-2(s)
- 2017 Business Taxes and schedules
- IRS Form 4506
Please remember, all required documents are due by Thursday, February 8, 2018. Mail all required documents to Independent School Management, 1316 North Union Street, Wilmington, Delaware 19806.
For an overview of the FAST process, please attend the Financial Aid Information Evening in the UPrep Library on January 9, 2017 from 6:00-7:30 p.m.
To contact FAST, please email email@example.com or call 1.877.326.FAST. The Help Center is open around the clock.
For questions regarding UPrep’s FA process, please contact Michele Hayes, Associate Director of Financial Aid, at 206.832.1118 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Open House Dates
Thursday, October 26, 2017
6:30 - 8:30 pm
Thursday, November 16, 2017
No RSVP required
Bring your student!