University Prep is a place for talented students who take risks, push themselves to reach their full potential, and embrace diversity.” –Head of School Ronnie Codrington-Cazeau
Welcome to University Prep, a private 6-12 middle and high school in seattle!
Our goal in the enrollment office is to guide and support prospective families through the admission process. Choosing the right school for your family is a big decision and we want to make sure you have all of the information you need. We look forward to getting to know you and your student!
Deep inquiry, critical thinking, and interdisciplinary learning are at the heart of a UPrep education. We invite you to explore our website to learn more about our innovative programming and close-knit community. There are so many opportunities that await your student at UPrep!
- Discover our engaging Intensives program, where your student will get the chance twice per year to spend three weeks exploring their passions and interests.
- Check out our Global and Outdoor Education Programs, which will allow your student the opportunity to explore the beautiful PNW, build cross-cultural relationships, and understand their role in the local and global community through cultural competency.
- Our participation-based, no-cut Athletics program is a huge part of our school culture. There is always space on our teams for every student, regardless of experience or skill level. Go Pumas!
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging is at the heart of our school, both literally and figuratively. From our annual Social Justice Day to affinity groups and Culture Night, equity, inclusion, and belonging are embedded in all that we do.
- Our award-winning College Counseling Office will help guide your student into the next phase of their development—adulthood—and partner with them to find a home at the institution that's right for them.
FROM OUR COMMUNITY
UPrep felt the most well-rounded and was the best fit for our child. It felt how a school should feel, and we are grateful for that. We got into all the schools we applied to but we felt the best about the way we felt with UPrep." –Current UPrep parent
UPrep has exceeded our expectations. The faculty and staff all know my children and family. The amount of teachers who care about our children's success has been overwhelming. Our family has utilized every aspect of the school's expertise, compassion, and experience to take our children to the next stage in their lives.” –Current UPrep parent
UPrep really values student curiosity and collaboration. I think prospective families should know that their children will be encouraged to try new things and that they will be supported when they struggle with the things they have decided to take on.” –Andrew Schneider, History Teacher and Basketball Coach
Of all the private school tours we attended, we appreciated that UPrep felt the least elitist, yet with rigorous academics. UPrep has the right size, a great location, a full athletics program, and a fantastic reputation for academics." –Current UPrep parent
University Prep does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, creed, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran's status, disability, use of a trained service animal, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to admissions and administration of all of its programs, as well as to all areas of employment.