University Prep offers sibling applicants an early admission process, in an effort to alleviate some of the stress associated with the commitment of time and resources required to apply to several independent schools.
Please note that due to limited space, UPrep does not guarantee acceptance to siblings. The early sibling process allows current families time between decision notification from UPrep and the application deadline to other independent schools, should they need to explore other educational options. We extend the courtesy of the early sibling process to children of faculty and staff as well.
In order to participate in the early sibling admission process, simply complete and submit the Intent to Apply Form with the $85 application fee by October 8, 2020.
In addition to the intent to apply form, please remember the following items are due in the Enrollment Office by November 5, 2020:
- Schedule a virtual student visit in Ravenna for October or November
- Submit Student Essay and Parent/Guardian Statement
- Upload a school assignment (some examples might be a book report, a research paper, a science project, or an art project)
- Delegate two completed Teacher Evaluation forms (delegated forms will list a general application due date of January 14, so please follow up with teachers to remind them that the sibling deadline is November 5)
- Delegate the Administrator Form (delegated to your student’s school principal or division director)
- Request official transcripts or school records (because of the earlier deadline for siblings, we are aware that we may not receive school records/transcripts from the current school year, so the previous two years of records/transcripts is sufficient)
If you have questions, please contact the Enrollment Office at 206.523.6407 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
October 8, 2020 - Intent to apply form due
November 2020 - Virtual visits and interviews, optional parent tours
November 5, 2020 - Final application deadline (supplemental forms due)
December 17, 2020 - Decision notification
January 5, 2021 - Letter of intent and deposit deadline