University Prep values geographic diversity and intentionally enrolls students who live throughout King and Snohomish Counties. There are many ways for our students to commute to school, from buses and the light rail to carpools and bikes.
University Prep partners with Lakeside School to offer custom metro bus routes to and from UPrep for our students. The Orca card purchased from UPrep is a two-zone card, good for a student’s custom Metro route and for regular Metro, Community Transit, and Sound Transit transportation.
The Metro Custom Bus program serves the following neighborhoods. Routes must have minimum ridership levels to continue each year.
- Leschi, Madrona, Madison Park, Montlake: Route 980 (morning only)
- Overlake Park & Ride, Redmond (Bear Creek): Route 982
- Bellevue, Kirkland, Montlake: Route 986
- Beacon Hill, Rainier Avenue, Seward Park: Route 987
- Eastlake, Madison Park, Madrona: Route 988
- Eastgate, Mercer Island: Route 989
- Downtown, Queen Anne, Magnolia, Ballard, Greenlake: Route 994
- Laurelhurst, Ravenna, Wedgwood, Windermere: Route 995
Custom Bus Morning Schedule for 2019-2020
Custom Bus Afternoon Schedule for 2019-2020
Many families form carpools and, once enrolled, our school information system allows you to search for families near you.
UPrep also partners with Pogo to help families set up daily and/or event-specific carpools. Simply download the Pogo app on your mobile device. The app is free and can be found in the Apple App Store and Google Play. To learn more, visit www.pogorides.com.
This bus, driven by a full-time employee, leaves from the UPrep stagecraft garage door at 5:30 p.m. daily. The bus travels to locations south of the campus that can connect students to mass transit and neighborhood hubs. Locations include:
UW Light Rail Station
Montlake Boulevard Market
19th and Aloha
Miller Community Center
Garfield Community Center
This service is open to any student and is included in the cost of a Metro Custom Bus pass, or for a small additional fee if the student elects not to purchase this pass.