Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition and fees account for approximately 90 percent of the funds needed to operate the school. The balance is provided by parents, alumni, and friends contributing to the Puma Fund, by proceeds of the annual Parent Council Auction, and by distributions from the endowment. The following tuition and fees are for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Tuition does not include lunch, textbooks, required technology, transportation, personal athletic equipment, or various charges connected with off-campus events.
- A signed enrollment contract along with a $3300 non-refundable tuition deposit is required when a student enrolls for the year. The deposit is applied to the total annual tuition.
- Tuition listed above includes an activity fee of $850.
- University Prep learning services offer multiple layers of access for students, most included in the cost of tuition. Annual tuition for our full-time Learning Pathways program is $12,200. Learning Pathways is our personalized 1:1 language remediation program, with the option of 3:1 in year two. Other programs include SchoolHacks, a non-credit elective for executive skills support; Classroom Partners programming; community time support; and after-school drop-in.
University Prep offers need-based financial aid to qualifying families. University Prep uses School and Student Services (SSS) to process financial aid applications. In determining a family’s need, the Financial Aid Committee relies on information in the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) and other required documents (tax returns, W-2(s), etc.) in accordance with University Prep’s Financial Aid Policy. In some cases, families may be requested to provide additional documentation in order for the Financial Aid Committee to make an informed decision.
How to Apply for Financial Aid (FA):
- Watch SSS webinar and consult How to Apply for Financial Aid flyer.
- To begin your FA application, go to https://www.solutionsbysss.com.
- Follow the Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) link to begin your application. Once you've created an account, you can log in and out of your application as needed. Our school code is 7831.
- Complete and submit your PFS and nonrefundable $51 fee by Thursday, February 7, 2019.
- If applicable, complete and submit a Statement of Explanation to waive the financial requirement of a noncustodial parent. Please see p. 4 of the FA Family Guide for clarification on when this is applicable.
- Scan and upload the following required tax documents to your SSS account by the financial aid deadline:
- 2018 completed 1040, including all schedules
- 2018 W-2(s)
- 2018 Business Taxes and schedules
- IRS Form 4506
To mail documents: Submit a copy of each document in a large envelope. Be sure to include a Required Documents Cover Sheet. Do not fold, staple, or paperclip documents. Mailing address: SSS, Application Processing Center, P.O. Box 449, Randolph, MA 02368-0449. (For overnight mail: School and Student Services, 15 Dan Road, Suite 102, Canton, MA 02021).
If you have questions, please call SSS at 1.800.344.8328 (Monday-Friday: 9:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. EST; Sat: 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. EST)
For questions regarding UPrep’s FA process, please contact our Associate Director of Admission and Financial Aid Laura Amrein, at 206.832.1118 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open House Dates
Thursday, October 18, 2018
Sunday, November 18, 2018
No RSVP required
Bring your student!
Financial Aid Deadline
Thursday, February 7, 2019
Financial Aid Information Evening
Tuesday, January 22, 2019
Please RSVP to email@example.com