The UPrep Orchestra has created a great community where students can collaborate and celebrate music.” UPrep student
Our celebration of music starts in the sixth grade with a combined instrumental/choral offering and continues to high levels of jazz, vocal and orchestral performance. Music faculty work to present engaging thematic concerts in which younger players frequently perform alongside more advanced students - creating a sense of progression and connection across the school’s musical community.
Students are the instrumentalists and singers for school musicals, perform for events, travel out of state for festival competitions, and engage in regional and state Solo and Ensemble. Our goal is to train independent and knowledgeable musicians.
Recent UPrep graduates are attending the Eastman School of Music, the Shepherd School of Music at Rice University, the Jacobs School of Music at Indiana University, and the Conservatory of Music at Lawrence University.
- 3rd Place, UPrep Chamber Orchestra, 46th Annual Northwest Orchestra Festival, 2019
- 1st Place, UPrep Quintet, 46th Annual Northwest Orchestra Festival, 2019
- 2nd Place, Advanced Jazz Ensemble, Jazz Festival at Clackamas Community College, 2019
- 3rd Place, Advanced Jazz Ensemble, Commencement Bay Jazz Festival, 2019
- 1st and 3rd Place, Band 2 and Orchestra, Festival's Edge, 2019