We chose to create an endowment fund at UPrep shortly before our last child graduated. Our wish was to sustain support for the school in years to come, particularly for student scholarships and faculty professional development. It is gratifying to know the fund continues to provide annual income that strengthens the budget and helps make UPrep the outstanding institution it is today." Jock Akin and Mary Stevens, parents of John '97, Annie '99, and Nico '09
University Prep is about students and teachers. To sustain the people at the heart of our school, the endowment fund provides resources for financial aid, professional development, and greatest needs. Only the interest earned on the endowment is utilized each year, leaving the principal intact to benefit future generations of students and teachers.
Why does growing the endowment matter now?
The school is now over 40 years old. A healthy endowment helps to assure a school’s future while supporting current needs. The endowment fund:
- Is invested for long-term growth
- Benefits current and future students
- Creates a legacy of support for teaching and learning at UPrep forever.
Over the years, friends have created named endowments to fund financial aid, professional development, or the greatest needs of the school in perpetuity. We are grateful for these gifts benefiting current and future Pumas.
- Endowed Financial Aid Fund
- Aileen Mary Welgan Endowment Fund for Professional Development
- Akins/Stevens Charitable Fund
- C and JZ Scholarship Fund
- Edward E. Ford Endowment for Faculty Development
- Erica and Nason Hamlin Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Faculty and Staff Compensation Fund
- Faculty and Staff Professional Development Fund
- International Education Fund
- Makinen-Sarin Endowment
- Michelle Gans Scholarship Fund
- Roger Bass Financial Aid Fund
- General Endowment Fund
This fund was created by Jock Akin and Mary Stevens in appreciation for the quality education their children received at University Prep and provides support where it is most needed. This allows the school to actively respond to unanticipated opportunities or challenges identified by the Board and Head of School.
Carlene Gaudette and her son Jeff Zbikowski '06 established this fund in 2007 in appreciation for the quality education Jeff received at University Prep. This fund helps students in need of financial assistance who otherwise wouldn’t have the resources to attend University Prep and benefit from its outstanding education.
For more information on UPrep's Endowment, please contact Director of Advancement Catherine Blundell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206.832.1147.