A BOLD COMMITMENT TO THE FUTURE
At UPrep, we prepare our students to meet the global challenges of the future, knowing that nearly one-third of today’s students will eventually have careers that haven’t yet been discovered.
To support our Upper School students’ success and ignite their passion for collaboration, growth, creativity, and leadership, we will construct the ULab, a 39,000-square-foot, three-story building across the street from our existing campus
The ULab will expand student learning opportunities.
The ULab will extend our current footprint with inspiring learning spaces that match the quality of the outstanding teaching and learning that occur at our school every day.
We aim to grow our Upper School enrollment from 345 to 480 students—an increase of nearly 40 percent. This growth will provide our students with a larger social cohort, diverse perspectives in the classroom, and opportunities for expanded course offerings, clubs and athletics.
We plan to begin construction on the ULab in the spring of 2022 and open the building in the fall of 2023.
The ULab will support UPrep's commitment to innovation by offering students hands-on, real world opportunities to develop the skills and entrepreneurial mindset that will enable them to thrive in a dynamic world." Van Katzman, Parent, Trustee, and Entrepreneurship Intensive Teacher
The ULab will enable us to make our vision for the next 50 years a reality. This is an exciting time for UPrep and we know we will have much to celebrate in the days ahead!
Questions about the ULab? Contact Director of Advancement Catherine Blundell at 206.525.2714 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ten modular classrooms with moveable walls that support interdisciplinary learning and seminar-style teaching
- Wellness space for PE classes, athletic practices, and dance and yoga classes
- A large gathering area and meeting spaces that support student collaboration and foster community building
- A state-of-the-art 1,123 square-foot Makerspace where students make their ideas come to life
- Expanded offices for College Counseling, Global and Outdoor Education, and Launchpad (UPrep's signature senior project)
- A rooftop deck with seating for student and community programming
Inside the ULab
Entry Plaza: An open and welcoming entrance to the building featuring lush greenery and floor-to-ceiling exterior windows
ULab Commons: A light-filled gathering space to be used for independent study, clubs, groups, and events
Third Floor: Clerestory windows and skylights create inviting spaces for seminars, Launchpad, and small group work.
West Entrance: Mature plantings and original trees create a tasteful addition to the neighborhood.
Second Floor: Flexible classrooms and an enhanced makerspace allow for increased collaboration and innovation.