A BOLD COMMITMENT TO THE FUTURE
In early 2024 we opened the ULab, a 39,000-square-foot, three-story building across the street from our main campus. The ULab is a second academic hub dedicated to igniting our high school students’ passion for collaboration, creativity, and leadership through interdisciplinary and project-based learning.
At UPrep, exceptional faculty and staff inspire students to lead a life of learning. The ULab extends our footprint with learning spaces that match the quality of the outstanding teaching and learning that occur at our school every day.
With the ULab, our vision for the next 50 years becomes more of a reality. This is an exciting time for UPrep! Questions about the ULab? Contact Director of Development Liz Van Hoy.
The ULab is a once-in-a-generation investment in our children's future. We invite the entire UPrep community to come together to achieve our $25 million fundraising goal." Elise Hebb, Parent and Campaign Committee Member
Andy Cook (Max ‘26, Zander ‘28)
Elise Hebb (Ainslie ‘28)
Robin Waterman (Cole ‘28)
- Ten modular classrooms with moveable walls that support interdisciplinary learning and seminar-style teaching
- Wellness space for PE classes, athletic practices, and dance and yoga classes
- A large gathering area and meeting spaces that support student collaboration and foster community building
- A state-of-the-art 1,123 square-foot Makerspace where students make their ideas come to life
- Expanded offices for College Counseling, Global and Outdoor Education, and Launchpad (UPrep's signature senior project)
- A rooftop deck with seating for student and community programming
The ULab's universal design prioritizes accessibility for all. This includes counter, drinking fountain, and sink heights, and wayfinding signs with provisions for the visually impaired.
- What is the ULab Campaign?
- Will we also be asked to support the Puma Fund?
- What is the campaign timeline?
- How will the ULab be used?
- How did the school fund construction?
- Will the ULab allow UPrep to grow enrollment?
- Is the ULab a STEM building?
- Is the ULab just for Upper School students?
- Where will students eat lunch?
- Will schedules be adjusted to allow for students to travel a greater distance across campus?
- When will students begin using in the building?
- Will the ULab be open for students after school?
- Was more parking added?
- Who will be able to enter the ULab and how will access be granted?
- What's going on with the red houses?
- Will the Wellness Center host athletics events and competitions?
Questions about the ULab? Contact Director of Development Liz Van Hoy.