University Prep is an independent 6–12 school located in north Seattle. We are looking for staff and faculty who share our belief that a culturally rich and inclusive school community provides students with the best possible environment for a quality education. To us, diversity and inclusivity are not an addendum; they are embodied in all facets of our school.
As positions become available, they will be listed under the Current Openings section of this webpage. That said, if you value what’s important to UPrep and find yourself drawn to our school, send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org regardless of whether there is an opening that matches your credentials.
UPrep is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, creed, religion, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran status, use of a trained service animal, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to admissions and administration of all of its programs, as well as to all areas of employment.
UPrep offers a comprehensive and generous benefits package intended to support and promote the health and well-being, work/life balance, and financial security of our faculty, staff, and their families.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employer-Seeded Health Savings Account or Health Reimbursement Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer-Paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer-Paid Life insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Professional Development
Applications are received through our HR software service. Once your application has been submitted, our search committee will review it and contact qualified candidates for a preliminary interview. Finalists are generally invited for a full-day, on-campus interview. Candidates are interviewed by faculty, staff, administrators, and, for particular positions, students.
Each teaching candidate delivers a sample lesson. This process provides a sense of a typical day at University Prep and is structured to help both the candidate and the school.
As a school that values social responsibility, intellectual courage, and lifelong learning, we encourage faculty and staff to discover professional growth opportunities through local and national conferences, workshops, visits to other schools, summer institutes, and more.
Our Individualized Teaching Improvement Program (ITIP) creates a structure for faculty to engage in self-selected professional development that will help them cultivate the core tenets of teaching.
Our staff attend conferences, workshops, and classes that support growth in their field of work.
Teachers and program staff attended over 60 funded professional development events last year. This does not include free professional development events or PD activities funded by departments. Below are a few examples of professional development opportunities that our faculty and staff have attended in the last five years:
- People of Color Conference
- Project Zero Institutes
- Institute for Teaching Diversity and Social Justice
- The National Intergroup Dialogue Institute
- The National SEED Project
- Enrollment Management Association National Conference
- Association of Independent School Admission Professionals Annual Institute
- National Association of Independent Schools Annual Conference
- White Privilege Conference
- National Summit for Courageous Conversations
- Northwest Association of Independent Schools Diversity Practitioners Retreat
- Northwest Association of Independent Schools Annual Leadership Retreat
- Northwest Association of Independent Schools Business Officers Conference
- Association of Technology Leaders in Independent Schools Annual Conference
- Cybersecurity in Independent Schools Workshop
- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages
- LEAP Educational Conference (Latino/a Educational Achievement Project)
- Essentials of the Art of Coaching (instructional coaching)
- National Association for Music Education
- National Journalism Conference
- National Dance Education Conference
- American Association of Physics Teachers National Conference
- Learning and the Brain Annual Conference
- Independent Curriculum Group Academic Leaders Retreat
- National Business Officers Association Annual Conference
- Index(Independent School Data Exchange) Benchmarking Group Conference
- Wired for Reading
- Constructing Modern Knowledge
- National Art Education Association
- Stanley H King Counseling Institute
- Institute for Social Emotional Learning Workshops
UPrep is seeking top talent with a passion for creating and nurturing an excellent and innovative educational environment.
We offer qualified professionals a challenging and rewarding career opportunity in a friendly and supportive work setting.
We provide competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package.