Blue and green cohorts will be assigned by the school, and we ask that families not request changes—as it is very important that we keep each class size small to conform with the safety guidelines provided by the state. Groups will take siblings into account.
Flash surveys will be sent to students, families, faculty, and staff after each week, and these surveys will gauge the success of the trial weeks.
We know that some of our students are not yet ready to return to campus, and this is also okay. We will have technology available in our classrooms, so those students will be able to participate in learning activities with their cohort on Zoom.
If this two week trial works, there may be the opportunity to have students on campus for another two weeks before Thanksgiving break.
Between Thanksgiving and winter break, we will return to online learning, as we pay close attention to the infection rates in Washington state during the holiday season.
As your student(s) prepare for this brief return to campus, we ask that your family adhere to the following requirements:
- Please carefully read the Return to Campus COVID-19 Handbook, which will soon be available in the Family Portal. You will be alerted by a school communication as soon as it is ready to read and sign.
- A parent or guardian is required to complete a COVID-19 attestation form for each student, through the Magnus Health app, before your student will be allowed on campus each day. More information will be shared soon with families about this new required protocol.
- Have your student practice wearing a mask and social distancing during the next few weeks.
- Have your student practice thorough hand washing techniques before returning to campus.
- If your child is feeling sick or showing any COVID-19 symptoms, please do not send them to campus on their designated day.
During the next few weeks, you can anticipate further communication from the school with details describing our new safety protocols and procedures and campus safety modifications. As always, please do reach out to me with any questions or concerns.
Head of School